Changes afoot at TMW

Breninasia · 36590

Offline Evs127

• Sr. Model Builder
Re: Changes afoot at TMW
Reply #30 on: November 05, 2014, 09:45:55 PM
I can see what your views are o my post, BUT i was ASKED to write in as a junior modeller, and i was told i would be paid for it, if like many of you didn't know you got paid, i'd still be none the less.

I have spoken to IGP and although it was nothing to do with them, Andy has kindly sorted me out this afternoon.  As Andrew has advised, I've started writing my latest article (the 3 Volvo's) and intend on submitting it at a later date, once i finish for Christmas.

Makes models for himself - ends up with none left.....

Offline v8alan73

• Hero Model Builder
Reply #31 on: November 05, 2014, 11:06:30 PM
Reading between the lines here, I'm getting the impression that Traplet at some point decided to stop paying for articles ... and nobody appears to have been informed of the decision.

I got paid for an article in one of the last issues by traplet but it did take longer than normal and their unwillingness to communicate wasn't very helpful.

alan

Offline griffin72

• Full Model Builder
Reply #32 on: November 16, 2014, 12:21:34 PM
Thats a shame what i read here, i did not know Peter stopped as editor.
I just recently sent him the story about my Iveco and heard nothing of him.
Also the forum is dead too i think, because it's seem to be out of service.
Thats a shame because i allways looks here and on TMW first as i open my pc.
I hope i still recieve issue 217 where my mack is in, as Peter promised me.
Internet has its benefits but also many negative...

Cheers Christiaan

Offline peter white

• Full Model Builder
Reply #33 on: November 16, 2014, 08:04:10 PM
Christiaan your Iveco article has been forwarded to the publisher so I expect it will be published in due course. The same goes for anyone else who submitted material to me.

All the articles which I had lined up for publication were handed over, along with those which were waiting to be edited. Its now up to the new editor and publisher to make use of them.
Peter.

Offline modeller

• Administrator
  • Hero Model Builder
Reply #34 on: November 16, 2014, 09:07:31 PM
enough of the mag what does your future hold Peter ? do you have plans or are just kicking back and relaxing ???

Offline griffin72

• Full Model Builder
Reply #35 on: November 16, 2014, 10:49:03 PM
Thanks a lot Peter, wish you the best for the future.
I am starting to get nervos about issue 217 haha ;)

Cheers Christiaan

Offline Harryvr6

• Full Model Builder
Reply #36 on: November 16, 2014, 11:35:23 PM
Hi, I'm gutted that TMW seems to be struggling and more so that Peter is stepping down. I'm obviously glad to see Peter retire he has worked so hard and deserves his rewards. I just wish I had managed to finish my build quicker as Peter gave me the chance to drop him a few lines about it which I was over the moon about.
As has been said, to be offered the chance to appear in print in TMW was to me unbelievable!

I have always preferred the printed word, I have hundreds of truck magazines from the 80's, car magazines from the late 80's to the present day too, you can't beat a hard copy for me, passing a tablet around with a picture of your build on it to show people isn't the same as it being on sale in the shops, possibly even on full view on the shelves! That is payment enough for me.

Thank you for everything Peter, I hope you enjoy your retirement, you deserve it.

Thank you, stew.

Offline willralst23

• Full Model Builder
Reply #37 on: November 17, 2014, 12:34:57 PM
It's back!

Offline v8alan73

• Hero Model Builder
Reply #38 on: November 17, 2014, 06:43:15 PM
It's back!

it must be down again willie I just tried and got the same message it does seem to be taking a very long time to sort things out. also IGP were supposed to be at a show yesterday and they did'nt turn up.

alan

Offline voyager

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Model Builder
Reply #39 on: November 17, 2014, 06:53:15 PM
The "old " TMW forum is back online but the new one says it will be up in 7 days. To be honest though, as most people are on here too, do we really need the TMW forum as well? Disappointing if they did a no-show Alan.

Milner

Offline v8alan73

• Hero Model Builder
Reply #40 on: November 17, 2014, 07:31:27 PM
The "old " TMW forum is back online but the new one says it will be up in 7 days. To be honest though, as most people are on here too, do we really need the TMW forum as well? Disappointing if they did a no-show Alan.

it was a mostly tractor show yesterday but I got the impression the tractor boys were not very amused by the no show as they have their own magazine with igp as well there could well be a very reasonable explanation for them not being there but a phone call wouldn't have gone a miss. regarding the tmw site I like having both you should try the r/c side of things theres loads of forum but that mainy due to all the bickering that goes on in the r/c world so you have lots of small forums that's not very well used I think having just the 2 forums for us truck modellers is about the right mix.

alan

Offline peter white

• Full Model Builder
Reply #41 on: November 17, 2014, 09:21:00 PM
enough of the mag what does your future hold Peter ? do you have plans or are just kicking back and relaxing ???

Everyone keeps using the word "retire" but if you look at all my posts, I haven't mentioned the R  word at all! Step aside isn't the same as retire. There's a bit of life in me yet!  :thumbsupup:

I've got some ideas but don't want to say too much just yet.
Peter

Offline andrew howard

• Hero Model Builder
  • American trucks,70,s to 90,s.
Reply #42 on: November 17, 2014, 11:09:42 PM
Its only the pen that as gone down,and the schedule mate,i know that. just be you,and put knife and glue to plastic :thumbsupup:

Hows the rig. the radiator is holed to the core, its got a cracked water pump,a couple of teeth missing of the timing gears,and a fractured injector line,ok but what does that mean, ye what does that mean,  24 hours, ok you've got 12.ok. ANDSTELL U.S KIT BITS.

Offline modeller

• Administrator
  • Hero Model Builder
Reply #43 on: November 26, 2014, 03:46:38 PM
so Andy what does the future hold for TMW and who will be the new editor ?

Offline andrew howard

• Hero Model Builder
  • American trucks,70,s to 90,s.
Reply #44 on: November 27, 2014, 08:16:10 PM
The tmw site,operates very similar to this forum,strange :rolleyes:

Hows the rig. the radiator is holed to the core, its got a cracked water pump,a couple of teeth missing of the timing gears,and a fractured injector line,ok but what does that mean, ye what does that mean,  24 hours, ok you've got 12.ok. ANDSTELL U.S KIT BITS.