on: June 14, 2014, 07:17:35 PM
The calm before the storm!!

Milner

Offline voyagerTopic starter

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Model Builder
Re: Gaydon 2014...
Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 06:04:47 PM
Well another year over! Forum members did very well in the prize giving, Steve has pictures of those on the forum tables and I'm sure there will be other pics from the weekend appearing. In the meantime, here is best in show, now if only I could remember who built it..... :shocked:

Milner

Offline davie

• Hero Model Builder
Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 08:23:34 PM
well thats me back from the show pity i could only be there on the Saturday but heres a few of my favorites

4.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy160/Davie143/Gaydon2014/209.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
great to speak to you guy's in person & I'm looking forword to next year already
cheers Davie  :thumbsupup: :thumbsupup: :thumbsupup:

« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 08:37:15 PM by davie »

Offline pricey1979

• Sr. Model Builder
Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 09:53:44 PM
U shud of said hello mate ... Sayin that I didn't sit down much lol .... There was lots of amazing models and cracking people there I was so glad I went and met some great people  :tongue: :thumbsupup:

Offline gareth

• Hero Model Builder
Reply #4 on: June 15, 2014, 09:54:56 PM
Thank you to Steve and rest of you for sorting this weekend, had a good weekend and come back with some expensive ideas lol

Well done to all that won awards from the forum.

Thanks davie for taking a photo of my t cab I need to take some recents ones of it myself now

Offline stuckontrucks

• Hero Model Builder
Reply #5 on: June 15, 2014, 10:02:30 PM
It was good to meet you all again.  Here are a few of the photos that I took.

Offline davie

• Hero Model Builder
Reply #6 on: June 15, 2014, 10:32:14 PM
U shud of said hello mate ... Sayin that I didn't sit down much lol .... There was lots of amazing models and cracking people there I was so glad I went and met some great people  :tongue: :thumbsupup:

you were no were to be seen mate but have to say the pics don't do justice to your models mate they are superb  :bravo: :bravo:

Offline davie

• Hero Model Builder
Reply #7 on: June 15, 2014, 10:34:07 PM
Thank you to Steve and rest of you for sorting this weekend, had a good weekend and come back with some expensive ideas lol

Well done to all that won awards from the forum.

Thanks davie for taking a photo of my t cab I need to take some recents ones of it myself now

no probs mate lovely model & the paintwork is superb  :thumbsupup: :thumbsupup: :thumbsupup:

Offline mixxy

• Hero Model Builder
  • Started out with nothin, Still got most of it left
Reply #8 on: June 15, 2014, 10:51:42 PM
Some of mine......

What do you mean i'm not kind.........just not your kind!

Offline modeller

• Administrator
  • Hero Model Builder
Reply #9 on: June 16, 2014, 12:18:41 AM
thank you to everyone for making a great weekend once again  :thumbsupup: as usual there were some outstanding models, great company and lots of trophy's    :weehee: with a special congratulations going to young Mr Stretch and Rhys  :worship: :worship:
sorry for the crap photos but My Bailey was having an off day  :grin:

Offline tc trans

• Hero Model Builder
Reply #10 on: June 16, 2014, 07:15:19 AM
Well another year over! Forum members did very well in the prize giving, Steve has pictures of those on the forum tables and I'm sure there will be other pics from the weekend appearing. In the meantime, here is best in show, now if only I could remember who built it..... :shocked:

It was built by Ian Coles Andrew, a cracking model too

Never take life seriously, Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Offline voyagerTopic starter

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Model Builder
Reply #11 on: June 16, 2014, 08:26:36 AM
Cheers Tony :thumbsupup:

Milner

Offline strobe_911

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Model Builder
    • Forum Administrator
Reply #12 on: June 16, 2014, 08:40:28 AM
Many thanks for pics folks, looks like you had an excellent display and the usual success with the trophies. Sorry I couldn't make it this year but the clash of dates with Duxford due to moving the date of the Gaydon event meant that a long standing booking took preference. However, the cloak of Friday the 13th covered my weekend and a breakdown meant that I missed both events. I was sorry to read that Thurrock lost a model due to someone being a bit light fingered, I hope the model is returned and the culprit gets their just deserts. Well done everyone, I hope to be there next year

I haven't lost my mind, it's backed up on a memory stick somewhere!

Offline KW

• Hero Model Builder
Reply #13 on: June 16, 2014, 10:42:59 AM
After a long weekend abroad, and a good sleep, I'm alive and kicking again.
A real pleasure to meet and speak to everybody again (although I spent most of my time walking around :rolleyes:)
Thanks for sharing the pics :thumbsupup: cos I don't have any: my batteries gave up very soon and in the hurry of leaving home (some accident happened in the kitchen when packing my clothes (never leave eggs boiling when going upstairs, once the water is finished, they explode!! :grin:) , so an extra provisionary cleaning was demanded), I forgot the new ones  :evil:
The stolen model, that reminds me of my case "disappeared" one year, I got it back 4-5 years later, "untouched". Let's hope the model does the same.

Offline Wolfie

• Hero Model Builder
Reply #14 on: June 16, 2014, 12:12:30 PM
Great to see everyone as usual and some great models on view. I got loads of inspiration but I have to confess the overlooking of my ERF which didn't place at all was somewhat disappointing. Leaves me wondering what I have to do. :angry:
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 09:08:10 PM by Wolfie »